talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

New again



In their latest round of awe-inspiring hand-me-down clothing, Fiona and Nora wore dresses today that were made by my Grandma for my own Mom. Those dresses looked so right on the girls that it was simultaneously easy to imagine my mother playing in them and impossible to imagine anyone but Fiona and Nora being intended for them. Today they picked tiny wild strawberries in our backyard with Granny while wearing them.

The colors, patterns, and lines of these handmade gems exude joyful playfulness. They're serviceable (obviously, since they're still around) without sacrificing beauty. I can't wait to wash more of them up and get them into regular circulation. I wonder what other treasures Mom will find as she cleans out her closets?! Thank you, Grandma, and thank you, Mom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home