talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Fiona's favorite part of the day

Part of our bedtime routine every evening is to take turns talking about the favorite parts of our day. Even Nora is old enough to do this with some success; and it's a positive, calm way to bring closure to one day and get ready to sleep before the next one. (Thus says the mom who can't get her kids to sleep. Ah well).

I didn't expect fireworks tonight during our round of Favorites. Besides Mass, a grocery run, and a fair amount of Mom Cleanup Duty, we didn't do much.

But I asked her anyway, and Fiona said, "My favorite part of today was the chili. I want you to make it again-- just like today-- except get some elbow macaroni next time." She knew we were out of it or else I would've included pasta "crack" this evening too.

I told her that we still had leftovers of today's chili, and she got more excited than is actually necessary right before bedtime. That child is a wonder.

1 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somewhat unfortunately, I can relate to this....Gran

 

Post a Comment

<< Home