talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

It's unanimous: Fiona is growing up

I just got Nora down for her afternoon nap, and I showed Fiona how to wind up the vacuum cord on the new upright sweeper we just purchased. She is thrilled to have a new skill. What used to look like a tangled pile is now a neatly wrapped cord, and she did it by herself!

Fiona really wanted to vacuum the floor, but the new sweeper is just a little too heavy for her to maneuver. I told her that I'd set it up so she could use an attachment to vacuum the sofas for me sometime today. She wanted to know when, and I told her it needed to be after naptime, because now Nora and our little friend David were sleeping.

"That's OK," Fiona conceded. "We have other things to do that don't involve kids."

I smiled a secret smile to the sink full of soapy dishes. Fiona thought in the quiet for a moment. "Well, almost."

I laughed a little at the pearly little bubbles in the sink. "What do you mean, sweetpea?"

She looked me in the eye and said, "Well, nothing for little kids. Just big kids."

2 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Lettie said...

i thought watching them grow would hurt more. but my, how wonderful. simply wonderful. two big kids and sink of dishes. doesn't get better. (and what a cutie!!)

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, definitely growing up. Enjoy it while it lasts! love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home