talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Mark Bittman scores again!

Mmmmm. The kitchen still smells like ginger, garlic, onion, sesame oil, chicken. . . It's stir fry night. We've been enjoying Mark Bittman's chicken and spinach stir fry for years now-- and by "we" I would mean Ian and I. Nora is somewhat adventurous in the food realm. Let's leave it at that.

This has been a soggy Spring, though; we've seen more than our fair share of mosquitoes around here already. And if there are mosquitoes, they will find Fiona and me. My Dad always says I have "sweet blood". I remember the hive-like reactions I used to get to bug bites when I was younger, and I also remember begging my pediatrician to give me a shot so that mosquitoes wouldn't like my blood anymore. Dr. Miller laughed, saying that I might be the only child who had come into his office requesting a shot.

I reasoned with Fiona that she and I might consider cutting down a little on sweets as a test, and increasing our veggie intake. I said that besides the fact that vegetables are a good idea on principle, they might smell bad to mosquitoes-- who knows?! This was more than slightly disingenuous, but I still don't feel bad about it. Not one bit.

Tonight, out of the blue, Fiona decided to try chicken and spinach stir fry. She ate two big helpings of it, and asked me when I'd be making it again. She pronounced it "delicious", and tried to convince her sister to give it another try.

Tune in tomorrow when pigs may fly. We're on a roll here-- anything could happen!


2 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Fiona likes it, we should give it a try. What's the recipe?

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I'll send it. Let us know what you think!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home