talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Monday, November 17, 2008

One is the loneliest number

For a moment, I thought we were going to have another baby. I thought of every bit of baby gear and clothing under 4T which had been yard saled and given away. I thought of my current Mom-in-sweatpants physique. I thought of our none-too-big house. I had a moment of bare-faced panic.

Once sharing this bold thought with Ian though, his calm, loving, wholly open demeanor put me enough at ease to get at least 110% excited about the whole prospect. I had mentally moved the girls into our bigger room and selected a new paint color by the time my test showed only one lonely pink line. It's surprising how thrilled one can become before realizing their own miscalculation.

I'm still stunned by my lingering disappointment. Ian and I 'agreed' on two children, to the degree that plans like that can be made, anyway. What's one more chair at the table in a happy family? So this shouldn't be so hard. Looking at our spunky, quirky, hilarious daughters reminds me daily that the two of us truly do produce enchanting children. But it also reminds me of the wonder I have in my home right this very moment.

2 Comments:

At 1:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Granny loves the current wonder too... 8^) Although my arms are wide enough for innumerable grandchildren, the ones I treasure most are the ones I have.

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great picture, Mama.

--Fiona

 

Post a Comment

<< Home