talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Oh, sugar










We were invited to volunteer at the sugar bush today, and we couldn't have had a better time. Sugaring is over for the season; so today was spent washing buckets. Fiona found a job carrying cleaned buckets to the drying pyramid. Nora was tickled to be carrying buckets over to the soaking station. I don't think I helped a huge amount with anything, but I did take a ton of photos.

Syrup-crafter Larry, a true teacher and showman, explained his craft with a warmth and humor that can only come from one who loves his career. He and his sister fried pancakes for us outside, and once we'd seen the sugaring process we sampled some syrup.

We are sure now that we'll be signing up to volunteer next year. What a fascinating day!

1 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger Jessie V. said...

There are pictures of me and my friends in some of the exact same spots from when I was in 3rd grade (I believe) on a school field trip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home