talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Rhyme time

On a trip in the car this morning, Fiona, Nora and I were singing. We couldn't just be content with plain old songs today though. It simply felt too good to be outside in decent weather, and we had noticed that there was a lovely, crisp, cloudless blue sky. Feeling full of ourselves, we were making up quick rhymes mad-libs style-- finishing them off for each other where we saw fit. I felt up to my eyeballs in glorious Spring as I made up some parody to a nursery rhyme and sang my way out to Spy Run Avenue. Nora chortled and bellowed from her carseat as if she were wholly in on the joke.

My first rhyme being met with roars of ecstasy, I started again without so much as a thought or breath between. To the tune of "Twinkle Twinkle" I belted out, "Nora climbed into the sky, looking for a berry pie. But up in the sky so blue, Nora could find nothing new. She came back down to the kitchen..." Uh oh. Hmmmmm. Well, I'd better finish anyhow, "But no words will rhyme with kitchen."

"How about bitchin', Mom?" piped Fiona helpfully from the backseat. Oddly enough, at that exact moment, something hopelessly funny happened out in the ditch by the side of the road, but we passed it too fast for me to point it out to anybody, so I laughed alone.

1 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger Sucero Family said...

LOL!
That is too good. The other day HS rhymed with "switch" in Fiona style. Not being in the car at the time to view the entertainment in the ditch, I had to quickly gulp and turn away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home