talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Sometimes parenting is so gross


We were trying to prepare for a day trip to Grandma and Toot Toot's this morning. There it was, almost noon-- the girls and I still in our own kitchen. Nonetheless, Fiona was having her VERY LAST trip to the potty upstairs and we were truly closing in on leaving when I heard an unfamiliar, watery "pbbbbbbbbbbbbb" and saw Nora's face immersed in the cats' water dish.

As I gasped in horror and surprise, Nora emerged, chin dripping. "I cat," she explained summarily.

What, dear readers, is up with that?!

7 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just thank God she didn't drown. :-D

Melissa

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Heather said...

What an imagination! (The water dish is half full)

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes your blog makes me laugh out loud! This posting also made me flashback to Jessie when she was about the same age... In Jessie's case, though it was a heartfelt "I dog" as an explanation.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Debbie said...

Better the water dish than eating a mouse ;-D

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, didn't know cats blew bubbles.........love, Gran 8^)

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Jessie V. said...

euHaha, I was just going to leave a comment that said that I used to do the same thing but with "I dog" but I see that my mom (as anonymous) already said the same thing =)

I think it's a good thing, it shows how much she loves them because I surely did it because I loved my doggy!!!

~Jessie

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once, at the library, E. was trying to get to the toilet paper. She flipped her head upside-down to see it better, and her pony tail flipped into the toilet. BLECH!

I used the nasty hand soap to wash her hair on-the-spot!

Janet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home