talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Monday, December 03, 2007

They're dreaming of... Insta-Snow powder?

I was at the library this morning preparing for a "snow" preschool storytime when my friend Mary excitedly ran to the back room. She returned with a paper bowl with a minuscule amount of white powder in the bottom and a small glass of water. "You do it," she urged. "It's not the same until you do it for yourself."

So I poured the water over the powder and was immediately sorry I didn't wait till I was with Fiona and Nora. The bowl instantly filled with a fluffy white faux snow. I took the Insta-Snow Powder home with my other library materials and we put the "snow" into the freezer to get the full experience, making do with snow stories (like that's making do) until after dinner. But after warm bowls of chili, some farm animals got mighty chilly. Thanks, Mary. They loved it, and the storytime kids will, too!

2 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger library chicken said...

That stuff looks radical!!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Jessie V. said...

Ahh, the instasnow... You can't even know how many times Mary's done that in our house... It is fun to watch expand though =)

~jessie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home