talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Jacuna and Bacati

Nora was in my lap as I was helping her into her clothes this morning. She can put some of them on herself, and for others she needs a little boost. I was about to help her with some socks when she raised her left foot in assistance and whacked me right between the eyes.

Seeing stars, we both recovered a little bit and Nora repeatedly insisted "Jacuna!" while waving her left foot. When questioned a bit further, Nora explained that her left foot was her friend named Jacuna. She was just introducing us, though I'm guessing neither she nor Jacuna intended such a forceful introduction.

I asked her whether her other foot had a name, too. She considered it for a moment, then said decidedly, "Bacati." Now I look forward to seeing whether she remembers the names and whether Jacuna and Bacati have any further adventures together-- aside from getting Nora from A to B, of course.

2 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any further word, er...activity, from Jacuna or Bacati? 8^) Gran

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Now she's talking about Jacuna's Daddy-- I really don't understand how that works.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home