talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New friends

I am sponsoring my friend Tera as she adopts the Catholic faith. Last night all the participants, teachers, sponsors, and their families had a potluck supper in the church basement, then the pastor took us on a behind-the-scenes tour. While the adults checked out stuff they might not see on a weekly visit, the kids were having a ball in the playroom downstairs playing with toys and getting to know one another.

Fiona and Nora enjoyed meeting Delaney, Isabelle, and Aislyn. I was happy to see Fiona come out of her sometimes reserved shell so quickly to climb under the table to play with new friends. She came home last night with a complex story about a sky-scrapingly tall block tower. They're looking forward to playing again.

1 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, this is awesome! I hope you enjoy sponsoring your friend in RCIA. I went through it myself for my confirmation a few years back and then I was on the team for 2 years. I loved it, and look forward to the day I can complete my third year on the team or sponsor someone myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home