talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Friday, August 15, 2008

To nurse or not to nurse... that is the question

Nora and I are having a conversation about weaning. We don't nurse much anymore-- just before nap and before bed-- but I've been thinking that those could probably get phased out anytime now, too. I mentioned this to Nora this evening over dinner.

"Why?" she asked succinctly. "Well," I said, "when kids get bigger, they usually decide to quit nursing at some point. Fiona used to nurse you know, but she doesn't do it anymore." Fiona emphatically agreed to this and went into a tirade about the general offensiveness of warm milk. I neglected to mention to Nora that Fiona weaned herself at seven months of age, much to my chagrin.

Nora was unmoved by the entire suggestion. She gestured toward herself assuredly and simply said, "I do." Undaunted in my quest, I suggested that Sunday might be a good day to stop nursing. We'll talk about it more tomorrow. The time does need to be right for both of us; but frankly, the time is probably right for me right about now.

2 Comments:

At 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knows her own mind...and speaks it, eh? --Gran

 
At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home