talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Breakfast-time love note

We were supposed to be having fun with little David today, but when Nora woke up she told me she was sick. I wasn't completely sure about that, since our kids usually inform us of their illness by barfing on us. We were supposed to take both Ivy and Zelda to the vet this morning, and last night before bed Nora had informed me that she didn't want to go to the vet but would rather stay home with her Daddy for the morning.

Still, she wasn't bouncing around like usual, so she had my ear. I lifted her to my place in bed so Ian could keep an eye on her while I showered and attempted to get the cats into carriers. It became clear soon enough that she was indeed ill.

As you may already know, if kids at our house are sick it's their stomach that generally suffers. We try to eat quiet foods that lack too much fragrance so that the sick person won't be sad not to be allowed food, or water, or whatever. Quite frankly, we have this down to a science by now.

Fiona could see right away that today was going to be a sick day. She came into the bedroom bearing a piece of paper. I thought it was a card for Nora and took it delightedly from Fiona's outstretched hand. It was, however, a note for me. Fiona was truly, yet surreptitiously, ready for breakfast.

1 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Fiona........how kind you are to your sister! Granny loves you both!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home