talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Blast from the past



Nora got a cotton candy-flavored lip gloss in her Easter basket. The intensely sweet scent of it knocks me over every time-- with memories. She smells just like the skating rink of my childhood. It's wild the way scents and memories mingle so vividly, isn't it?

Knowing Dad's issues with Olivia Newton John, I'll select a different video for today from my skating rink days. I'd never watched her videos until now as I was looking at skating rink songs for this post anyway. But every time glossed Nora comes at me for a kiss, the refrain from Xanadu washes over me.

5 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger Teresa said...

I'm curious to hear more about Dad's issues with Olivia Newton John. If we both were born in another place or time... we wouldn't have had to hear her on the radio.

This one reminds me of the skating rink:
http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/song/Stayin_Alive/11323646

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Oh, that one's a skating rink mainstay too. I see colored lights just thinking about it. But I still can only skate forwards.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Teresa said...

Me too. And the only way I could stop was by running into a wall or an attached to the floor bench.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Hey! That's still how I stop! And what are those toe thingies actually for?

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Teresa said...

You are brave. I don't trust my balance enough to even put skates on again. I have more cushion now, but I doubt I could recover from a fall nearly as quickly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home