talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Career forecast

As some readers know, I've spent a fair amount of time in a dentist chair lately. My wisdom tooth extractions are coming right along though, and I think today's visit should be my last for awhile.

On the way to the office this afternoon, I was talking about the logistics of what Fiona and Nora were going to do while the dentist worked in my mouth for a couple minutes. Fiona took the chance to tell me she was glad we were going to the dentist, and to remind me that she'd like to become a dentist someday.

"Sure!" I said. "You like people, you know that good health is important. You enjoy math and science. And you yourself like going to the dentist. You might really enjoy being one."

"Yeah," Fiona agreed, "but I really want to work in other people's mouths. And I really love all those tools."

1 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger Lettie said...

My word! The last time- and it has been some time- that i was in the chair (losing 5-count em 5- wisdom teeth) i said to my self, self, exactly when does some one get the call to become a dentist? At what age does one say, "I want to work in people's mouths." Thank you for the most delightful, unexpected answer. If she is still in town, and has a practice, I would be honored to have her look in my mouth. And I would even pay her well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home