talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Shivers and gingerbread

Last week I decided to take the girls to see the annual gingerbread exhibit at our local history center. We'd been thinking about it since we moved to town, but hadn't made time for it yet. There seemed to be no time like the present. I even told the neighbor about it and we formulated a wonderful plan to surprise our children with a trip made together.

Then, in the wee hours of this morning, I got up to read for hours because sleep was elusive. My extremities got achy and I felt a little shivery. It went downhill from there. To make a long story short, the neighbor took her kids PLUS Fiona to see the amazing architectural confections (and, apparently, also the jail in the bottom of the history center!) while I stayed home to freeze and Ian cared for Nora.

This afternoon, as Nora sweetly naps upstairs and Fiona pursues arts and crafts next-door-- having already enjoyed a lovely morning and a good, hot lunch with our neighbor friends as well-- I count my blessings and brew a cup of tea in a valiant attempt at warmth and wellness.

We may live in divisive times, but the world can still be a very good place. Under less infectious circumstances such goodwill would give me a case of the warm fuzzies. For now, it seems, I have to settle for the fuzzies.

1 Comments:

At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was probably that tonsil that caused the whole thing. Glad you're better! --Gran

 

Post a Comment

<< Home