talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Tonsils

I finally feel recovered from the shivers, I think, but have to admit that when I went to bed last night I thought my throat was a mite sore, and this morning I was sure of it. On one side my tonsils are swollen and inflamed, and I thought it would be a great time to illustrate to Fiona where the tonsils are and talk a little about what they do.

After we had the fun of the flashlights and the mirror and comparison peeking and the aahhhhhhhhs, I was convinced that she'd seen what I wanted her to see. As she padded off unbidden to return the hand mirror, she said over her shoulder, "I'm sorry you have a tonsil, Mom. How did you get it?" Clearly I need some library books to round out the explanation a bit more, but at this very moment I too am sorry I have a tonsil.

1 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Teresa said...

Oh no! Drink plenty of fluids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home