talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Birthday party candy

Fiona and I went to the birthday party of one of her friends from her old daycare today, and Fiona came home with some candy and cookies and other loot. She was sharing some stuff with the rest of us after dinner, but had some heart-shaped chocolates that she wasn't as willing to part with. Nora was a bit disappointed, but I got out a small peppermint patty to share with her.

Nora, however, didn't want to share. She said "Me!" when I offered her a bite of the patty, and I let her hold it and said "now take a bite and give it back to me, since we're sharing it." Howling. Running. Cornered by her mom, she was deposited back in my lap, where I explained once again that we were sharing it.

"So now you take a bite," I said.

I watched the idea form in her eyes. From idea to execution probably took less than a second.

And I'll leave it to your imagination how much peppermint patty was left after her bite.

1 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet nothing was left.
Sydney Roese

 

Post a Comment

<< Home