talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Diaper duty

As you may know, Nora has been showing signs of interest in the potty-- at least off and on. Lately she's been letting us know when her diaper is in need of a change. It behooves us, at this point, to offer the potty as an option a little more often just to see if she might be interested. Note to self: add to mental 'to-do' list...

Anyhow, this afternoon-- even though it was technically too late to make any difference-- Nora decided she'd like to make a potty run. Fiona loves to go with her for these type of outings, and I was busy making dinner, so the two of them scampered upstairs and Ian and I stayed down. We could hear the normal chatter for awhile, then Fiona came back downstairs. "I'm ready to change her diaper. Is that OK?" From the computer, Ian said, "Sure."

Not feeling quite as cavalier about it, I left my spot at the range to supervise the presto change-o. With minimal suggestions though, Fiona had the matter well in hand, and Nora was completely at ease. I have to admit I was thoroughly impressed. They're growing up, aren't they? Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home