talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Origami's not for Mommy

I have a sore throat and an earache. My friend was unable to watch the girls while I worked at the library for the awesome homeschool sneak-preview, so instead I attended with the girls today for a little bit. Fiona was just BURNING to see the ice skaters at the library on a temporary rink! Needless to say, when I got home I was utterly useless and have been ever since.

Fiona has been working on origami with some fold-by-number paper this afternoon, bringing it to this useless body when she encounters difficulty. I had been struggling with an inverse fold at the head of a giraffe long enough to think that I was going to have to pitch the whole thing when Fiona couldn't take it anymore and requested the thing back. It wasn't thirty seconds later that the giraffe was finished.

"I got it, Mom. Maybe you're just too old." I did clear that up for her right away, but I do actually feel too tuckered for origami. Or anything else for that matter. I think I'm too tired for tea.

1 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Blogger Teresa said...

Awww. I hope you are feeling better. Dennis came down with something yesterday. He's had a fever off and on, plus aches, a runny nose and a hacking cough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home