talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy hunting

Now that I'm home most of the time with the girls, I find out about a number of fun things I'd love to do with them. This town is brimming with high quality free and low-cost activities. The trick is to narrow down the choices and get to things that don't thoroughly wear out my little people. That midday nap really is inconvenient sometimes.

Take, for example, the awesome egg hunt we attended at a local farm. It was scheduled right in the middle of Nora's nap, but the activity was so fun we decided to go for it. She got a little nap beforehand, and a little snooze in the car. Then, groggy and bleary eyed, she gradually woke up enough to hunt for some eggs.

Fiona's event turned out to be on the other side of the farm, but fortunately it was held at the farm where I volunteered last year so one of my managers was able to take Fiona by the hand and she could be with someone she knew.

Just half an hour later, they were riding home clasping small paper bags of cheap candy to their chests and dribbling sticky saliva. I don't remember when I've seen them happier. The Easter Bunny doesn't bring them stuff like that-- by the time our house is reached art supplies must be all that's left. Thank goodness for Easter egg hunts, even if they are right in the middle of naptime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home