talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Monday, May 26, 2008

An historic day



nataliedee.com

Well, OK,

It WAS Ian's birthday, and we did go to Cally's rockin' fun graduation party, and had a jolly time at Grandma and Toot Toot's as well. We had a great day, and a relaxing weekend. But here's the crux of the issue: today is the first day in the past two years and four months that I have spent the day with Nora and not nursed her even once. She never thought to ask.

This is a big deal. It's like Ian had the birthday, but I got the present. I love my daughter, and I have loved nursing her, too, but weaning can be difficult when established patterns are, well, established. We'll probably be back to square one by tomorrow, but I think we're headed in the right direction.

2 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger Teresa said...

That comic made me laugh aloud.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Hey. It made me laugh out loud, too! It's still making me laugh.

(and congratulations to both you and Nora. It is a big deal!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home