talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Overheard recently

Nora is looking for her boots.

"I CAN'T FIND THEM, MOM!"

"Look by the coat tree."

"YEAH!"

Fiona is eating lunch. She walks a piece of hot dog across her plate.

"I think I'll go for a walk now. I guess I'll go this way so I can avoid the Eating Mountain." Then, as that plan fails: "Waaaaaa!"

Nora has gotten out of bed about half an hour after being put there. I often tell her not to get out of bed until I come check on her, in the hope that that will last until she falls asleep. It works about half the time. I hear her from downstairs - she's always very considerate and closes the door so that the cats won't get in and bother Fiona. I go up to look for her. I find her in the bathroom. She smiles at me.

"I was looking for somebody else." Not her mom, you understand. Just somebody else. Then, back in her room, where Fiona is fast asleep:

"Let's put you back in bed."
"I'll climb in."
"Okay."
"(Mumble mumble.)"
"What, honey?"
"I won't get out, Dad."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home