talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What happened to the picket fence?

I was so tired it hurt. I was actually dozing on the drive out to our friend Becky's tonight, and that was only around 5:30 p.m. Once we got home tonight we were working on getting the girls to bed, and Nora began her new "I am too excited about being in the big bed to settle down" stuff, so Fiona and I headed to bed in the Big People Bed and left good ol' Ian to work out the details with Nora.

We had already done all our nighttime rituals in the girls' room, but before snuggling in I did ask Fiona if she'd wiggle her bottom tooth for me-- just for fun. It has looked like it was ready to just fall out for over a week now. Tonight it made a little popping sound while she wiggled it. I gasped.

"Oh! Leave it right there, honey! Let's finish that thing off tomorrow when Daddy can see, too. He doesn't go to work till later tomorrow. Maybe I'll even film you popping it out." But it was too late. A couple minutes later, Fiona tearfully informed me that it needed to come out now because it was barely hanging on and she feared swallowing it overnight. I took a peek, and she was 100% correct.

Holy cow! My excitement to document her milestones wasn't supposed to become maniacal-- I hadn't realized it was THAT close to coming out! We hopped out of bed and finished the job, of course. We celebrated in the kitchen and took some proof shots. We marveled at her tooth, the small loss of blood, and the adorable gaping hole in our almost-six-year-old's mouth.

4 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Blogger Teresa said...

Ooooo. Exciting! I'm curious to hear how much the Tooth Fairly is giving these days. Or is that something that will happen in your neck of the woods?

And it isn't a tooth that will impede the enjoyment of corn on the cob. Yea!

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Teresa said...

Ha! Fairly! I wish I could correct my comment without that "message deleted" message. Since I can't, I will leave it stand as is.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Jen said...

I'm not completely sure how 'fairly' it went around here last night-- but here's what happened, anyhow:

Fiona left her tooth on the dressing table in a short glass of water. When she woke up, the tooth was gone, the water was lavender-colored with silvery, iridescent fairy sparkles in it, and there were two shiny quarters lying in the bottom of the glass. It was very exciting, but I'm sure it's nothing close to current rates.

 
At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Fiona--Congratulations! And Granny thinks the fairy water totally makes up for the possible difference in exchange rates...8^)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home