talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Honk, honk!

Tonight we drove out to run an errand as a family before dinner, and on the way a semi driver honked the horn at us. Nora covered up her ears in horror, and Fiona asked us why that big truck honked at us. I assured her that he probably thought they would enjoy it.

"When I was a little girl I used to always try to get the semi drivers to honk their horns by pulling my arm down like this, as if I were honking my big rig horn," I assured her.

Fiona gaped incredulously. "Why?!" she asked. I wasn't sure I had a real answer, but guessed that it was because it was vaguely exciting to do so. I asked Ian if he used to do the same thing, and he nodded in assent.

Right about then Nora piped up from the backseat-- hands still over her ears. "When I was little, I thought it was too loud."

1 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was a kid my best friend lived on a highway route that ran through our town. She happened to live near a corner, however, where the semis had to stop. We used to stand outside and endlessly make the honking motion, jumping up and down gleefully when the drivers would oblige us. In retrospect, I'm pretty sure her neighbors must have hated us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home