talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Indignance

Nora was sitting in my lap yesterday reminiscing. She is doing a lot of 'reminiscing' lately; as in, "When I was a gwown-up, I used to wun awound." She also 'remembers' having a loose pointy tooth, just like her sister has had some loose teeth lately.

The memory she was describing in my lap yesterday was recent and bittersweet though. She said, "Wemembuh when I was a baby and I used to nuss?" I assured her that I did, and that in fact our very chair used to be one of our favorite nursing hangouts. "But we quit nursing a couple weeks ago," I reminded her. That relatively uneventful wean at age 2.5, just in time for school to commence, was smoother than I ever could have dreamed.

Nora was reminded afresh of this affont to her comfort. She yelled. "Yeah! Why did we do that?!" Her eyebrows were knitted in consternation. Her lip was pouty. Her arms folded haughtily.

I looked at her in mock surprise. "Well, you got big, of course!" All her irritation melted away. Ah yes. That's right. She was big.

2 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I remember it almost killed me to stop nursing (emotionally). But I've learned that there are so many other ways for me to be a wonderful mom.

 
At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like both of you finally got to the 'right time.' Nussing is wonderful, no doubt about it. But so is getting big! love, Gran

 

Post a Comment

<< Home