talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Money, money, money, money


Here's the part I like about homeschooling that I thought I'd have to give up, but haven't: I can have a plan, but scrap it when something better comes along. This morning we had taken baths, made beds, and practiced piano. We were journaling about our newly emerged butterflies and I was cleaning the table off to be ready for our more traditional math curriculum when Nora 'broke into' one of my tote bags and found the kitty for a retreat we've been planning. It has some cash money in it, but is mostly chock full of change. We used this teachable moment to learn about coins-- something I've been meaning to do. (We also discussed getting into my purse. Again.)

Readers from the retreat should know that the cash value of the money bag remained the same, but that the money is MUCH more handled than it was at this time yesterday. Thanks a million-- I didn't have this much of my own change in the house. While I was at it, I topped us off, ladies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home