talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

The vote: now officially rocked.



Our whole family turned out to go to early voting this morning. Armed with a small stack of early readers and a snack, we got into the line that snaked around the city county building and enjoyed our time together. We passed a sculpture that gave us an opportunity to discuss flooding and sandbagging. We passed a sign that was a wonderful impromptu lesson about alphabetical order. And yes, we voted.

I had hoped to show Fiona a little more about how it worked, but she was immediately told to get next to the window and to avoid- at all costs- touching the cord right where she was told to station herself. I wasn't terribly interested in trying to get Fiona to do anything different than the official told her, so she watched excitedly from afar.

Good souls were handing sections of today's paper down the queue, and besides enduring grumblers who can't stand waiting and loud blusterers who try swaying every person within earshot, it was a delightful way to spend a morning. I must admit though, that Fiona is still asking me, hours later, "Mama, I didn't touch the cord, did I? I was careful about that cord."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home