talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Just a little off the top

Yesterday morning started just fine-- until I realized I was beginning to feel cold. Really, really cold. I didn't actually get out of bed until around 10:00 am because I just couldn't bear to leave the relative warmth of the covers. Ian had set the kids up with activities downstairs before he left for work, and they just ran up to chat with me every now and again.

We had a slow day yesterday. We read in bed a lot, and the girls put together big puzzles in the hallway while I 'supervised' from beneath the covers. By late afternoon we ventured into the kitchen so Fiona could do some interactive musical games on the computer. Once she completes them, she'll get some local Philharmonic trading cards to bring to an upcoming library program.

Nora, meanwhile, had found a broken rubber band and was very interested in cutting it into smaller pieces. Despite the fact that she had already squeezed out a small mountain of pearly blue children's toothpaste onto a washcloth in the bathroom, I didn't hear any of my Mom Alarms going off so I set her up across the table from Fiona and myself. Nora cheerfully set to work, and Fiona and I got back to playing blues games online.

Things went well for about three minutes until Nora cheerfully crowed, "I cut my own hair! That's a good trick!" Her first statement was correct, anyway. She was due to go for a $3 haircut next week, so hopefully they'll be able to figure something out.

Our weird day was taking a toll on everybody. We didn't get tucked in right on time, and young people were still restless at 8:30 when Nora vomited all over her father in their bedroom rocker. Somehow we got them bedded down, though, and by today, Nora's up to crackers. Right now she's napping, so her hair should be relatively safe. I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home