talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Visions of Gingerbread dance in our heads



We went with friends to see locally made gingerbread creations on Friday. How cool! Fiona saw them last year, but Nora and I were newbies. We were so amazed by the detail and ingenuity that we're inspired to try it ourselves next year. We'll see whether that inspiration holds till next year. They stayed interested in pet cat costumes for a solid year, so it could happen again!

2 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My family made a gingerbread house every year when I was a kid. It was one of my best memories. We made it before Christmas and didn't destroy it until after New Year's Day. But by demolition time, there would be all kinds of candy picked off in places where we thought Mom wouldn't notice.

I was talking to my mom on the phone the other night and she said she still has the pattern we used!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Tricia W said...

Oh, I'm a little jealous since we didn't get to attend the Gingerbread Festival this year...those are nice memories from FTW. Merry Christmas, friend!
-Tricia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home