talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Nora's contribution to the education process

I was doing a lesson out of our reading book with Fiona, learning about how a silent 'e' at the end of a word usually makes a single vowel earlier in the word a long vowel.  The book showed an exception, and I asked Fiona if she could read it before I did.

"Have," she said.

"That's right," I said.  "You could figure that out by yourself even if you didn't already know the word, because you could say 'hayve' to yourself and realize that it doesn't sound right."

Fiona laughed and said "That would sound funny - 'hayve'."

At this point, Nora said "But it is 'BE-hayve'."  :-O

Just now at lunch, Nora was guessing numbers that Fiona was thinking of, and Fiona said something about how high Nora could count.  I asked Nora "How high can you count?"  So she started counting: "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 20, 15 ..."  She trailed off, looking nonplussed.  "Wait a minute, that doesn't work ..." 

The picture is the girls with Becky, their friend from the library.  (When Nora saw the picture, she started singing Becky's name over and over.)

3 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Tricia W said...

Hi Jen (& Ian & girls)...it's great to see that Becky is back to her smiling self. I assume she's back to work as well.

Love to read your posts!
Tricia

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Teresa said...

Great picture of Becky and the gals!

Nora's number experience reminds me of a couple days ago when I was asking Robert some of those questions about me that you had posted on your FB. Anyway, I said, "How old is your mother?"

His response: "Thirty fifteen." Not too far off really.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I've told you before that Robert is sage-like in many ways. That boy is a peach.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home