talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Sunday, July 05, 2009

*blushing*

Do you know why our kids have a blog instead of thick, wonderful baby books? Because I never made one for either of them. In fact, I couldn't manage to keep track of all those wonderful smiles, rolls, steps, or teeth on a baby calendar someone gave me-- and it even came with stickers. Their ultrasounds? Somewhere. My coworker and friend Mitch pulled Nora's out of a library book where it had been used as a bookmark and carelessly left behind. (Good save, Mitch.)

I didn't blog while Granny was here, then I went to San Francisco, then I got caught up around here, then we went away for the fourth of July. Just thinking about all the back-blogging made me procrastinate even longer. But I miss blogging, and the kids keep doing ridiculous things, so I am back at it now.

If I never do the back-blog, then we missed two amazing, fun months of stories. But that is OK. We'll just make more.

3 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger JCB said...

Yippee! Welcome back--I missed you!

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Teresa said...

Yep, you'll make plenty more. And, the events will remain in your memories to share with each other over other delicious cakes and the like.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Sr. Dorothy, OSB said...

No need to blush...it's the human condition. There's an old story about someone who asked a monk, "What do you do all day in the monastery?" And the monk replied, "We fall down and get up, fall down and get up,..." I can attest to the truth of that! love, Gran

 

Post a Comment

<< Home