talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Choc-o-lot

I like baking more than cooking. Sometimes we get a lovely dessert all worked up but Ian comes home to find no dinner at all. This Cake Day was like that. We made a rich chocolate cake that was supposed to go into a 12" pan; but since we didn't have one we made layer cakes and created a mocha mousse for the filling. We couldn't cover it with the thick ganache because it was just too topply of a cake, so we just iced the very top. As if that cake needed more chocolate!

I worked on this cake mostly with our neighbor Sydney and with Fiona. When Nora got her slice of cake, her eyes got very large and she breathed reverently, "I am inspired." I laughed till I cried.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home