talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Keep looking

Ian had the day off yesterday. Since we still have a child who wakes up multiple times most nights, we try to give each other time to sleep-- I generally get the 10-midnight block, and Ian gets whatever morning time he's able to catch. I decided to take the girls for an early-morning wagon ride (read mall walking) so he'd have some peace and quiet, but I couldn't seem to find anything I needed. I couldn't find my shoes, I couldn't find Ian's boots (I had put the insoles from my sneakers into his boots to make them more bearable while I shoveled our walks)-- nothing. In the meantime, Fiona and Nora woke up completely and began bleating their happiness throughout the house. It was clear that if we were going to go, we needed to get on with it.

Feeling utterly defeated I said, "Well, phooey. I can't find jack. I'll wear my regular shoes-- let's just go now!" I began herding my little cats toward the car. When we got to the mall, Fiona and Nora had a nice ride while bobbing in time to the oldies that blare from the speakers at that hour. About an hour later we were once again suited up for the cold and headed home.

Out of the blue, Fiona chirped, "You really ought to try looking in the car, Mom." We were almost home by that time, and I had no idea what she was talking about. When pressed for further information, she went on, "You said you couldn't find Jack, but I'm sure you didn't look in the car yet. But we looked all over the house already , so if he's not here I'd give up if I were you. Who IS Jack?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home