talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Go speed racer, go!

Ever since it's been over 45˚, Fiona has been agitating to go bike riding. I must admit that I have been dragging my feet about this particular request. When I took her last year, slowly guiding the bike while trying to simultaneously steer the stroller was grueling at best.

Now, as I try to squeeze some exercise into my routine on a somewhat regular basis, the thought of plodding around the park with two children and ten wheels makes my head spin, but probably faster than any of our actual wheels would go! So when Granny offered to take Fiona bike riding yesterday, I was thrilled. I got out the bike and safety gear, and sent the two of them on their merry way with Ian the photographer as Nora and I stayed home to prepare dinner.

Perhaps you can imagine my surprise when the family came home to tell me that Granny let Fiona in on a secret that moved her from Tortoise to Hare speed in no time flat-- with no infomercials involved! Somewhere between her season of maturation and that secret whispered into her ear, Fiona had become a real bike rider. Now she's purportedly fast enough to be able to ride while I take Nora in the stroller. Tomorrow I'll see the results in-person, I'm promised.

I'm guessing you want the secret too, and Granny said it's not proprietary, so I'll simply tell you. The secret is to look ahead, not down. Try it, you'll see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home