talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Marketing to babies and children

Check out this Katie Couric interview with Susan Gregory Thomas, author of Buy, Buy Baby: How Consumer Culture Manipulates Parents and Harms Young Minds. The video contains one of the clearest and most compelling arguments for why television is bad for babies that I've heard. I haven't read the book ... yet.

Just realized that I can't link directly to the video, so to see it, go to the accompanying print story at the CBS News site and click the link near the top of the story (though you still have to scroll down a bit) that says "Watch Katie's extended interview with Susan Gregory Thomas".

(You can get your own tips about cool stories like this from the Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood, always available in our links section.)

1 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Blogger Sucero Family said...

Interesting find. I placed it on hold. I like to read these books, they keep me focused on my goals. Did you know that we now have a Boobah in the house???? Oh, my. It will be short lived.
HA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home