talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Truck Legs?!

Yesterday I saw a squirrel resting flat on its belly, front and back legs splayed out in all directions just outside our kitchen door, but Fiona couldn't get to the kitchen to see it before it moved away. Minutes later, I saw a very similar scene-- most probably the same squirrel-- out our kitchen window. This time not only did Fiona see it, I even managed to get a picture of the little lazybones laggard.

As strange as it may seem to have a reclining rodent getting R&R just outside one's home, I found Fiona's reaction to it to be even stranger. "Truck legs!" she shouted. I asked her to repeat herself, but she said the same thing three times. She was so excited!

According to Fiona, our wonderful friend Sara describes her cat Jack Neck as having "truck legs" when he rests on the banister and his legs stick out from his body like the wheels on a big rig. So now you know. Truck legs!

2 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is *totally* the pose!

I'm thinking I've called it "truck arms", not truck legs, but I can't say that for sure.

~Sara

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Sucero Family said...

We have a lazy squirrel in our front tree that likes the same pose. Never thought: "truck legs", but now I will!
HA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home