talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Monday, June 11, 2007

Chess mate?

Ian is starting an all-ages chess club at work, and I mentioned to him that I thought I'd seen kids younger than Fiona signing up to play rated chess in our library's annual children's chess tournament. I asked him if he thought Fiona was ready to learn to play, and after a moment's thought, he agreed.

They've played with the pieces together a couple times now; they talk about they ways they move and, from looking at their play, also how they stack up. I don't think they've talked about strategy or played a game together yet, but perhaps Ian can keep us posted as to how this does or doesn't click with Fiona.

1 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger Sucero Family said...

I am sure she'd be great at chess as smart as she is. I wouldn't be surprised at all.
PS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home