talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Busy, busy, busy

Like most adults, I have lots of irons in the fire. Besides reading and romping with the girls, I'm in a book group with the neighbor, I still work for the library somewhat regularly, and we enjoy the occasional guest. I also try to keep projects going, like the yard sale I seem to be perpetually prepping but never having, The Plastering and Painting Project, or the near constant changes in the girls' clothing due to season, size, or both. Part of our circa 1913 home is often giving out or giving up. I try to cook inexpensively, healthfully, and seasonally. There's lawn and garden work, even if we don't do anything more elaborate than keep things mowed weekly. This week Grandma and Toot Toot came in their truck so that after watching Fiona and Nora most of the day so I could do library work, we could drive out to the compost site to get a truck bed of free mulch for the front lawn.

All this is to say that I have not yet figured out the right rhythm to get enough sleep for Ian or myself; and while the wakeful habits of our children affect this to some degree, that's not the whole story. We stay awake too long in the evening trying to wind down from full, full days. It's also nice to try to connect with each other for a couple quiet moments before falling like sodden, sleepy heaps into bed. How EVER did we do it when we both were working full-time?! And even though I'm home now most of the time, things still don't look together enough that I would want to open the front door to an unexpected guest, pretty much ever.

Just over six months into this working from the home thing, and I'm still trying to get my groove. Do I have a groove? As we seriously contemplate homeschooling, I am beginning to search for mine in earnest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home