talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Money consumption

Fiona found some of her Bunny Money currency today in her art cabinet, so she wanted to pay me for something. I had been going through the junk drawer, which we recently renamed the "tool drawer" in an effort to keep its multitasking to a minimum. So Fiona "paid" me for a doll comb I found in the drawer, and she left happily enough.

Of course Nora wanted in on the action as well, so I turned over my bunny loot as she watched me organize the tool drawer. Easy come easy go, I suppose. Apparently I got boring relatively quickly, though, because Nora didn't last long at my side.

As I walked into the family room a little later to give part of the tool drawer a new home, Nora handed the wet, mangled Bunny Money bill back to me. Her mouth was set in a grimace, and her chin was disconcertingly yellow. Max, one of the main bunny characters from Rosemary Wells' Max and Ruby books, was missing in the middle of the hand-colored bill.

I can't help but smile, thinking that eating Bunny Money and getting yellow marker all over her chin probably celebrates the true spirit of Max. Now Nora's just missing his dripping cherry juice fangs. Fortunately, her dragon shirt didn't take any damage. Help me, Ruby!

2 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Blogger Sucero Family said...

We have a "tool" drawer and it is that in name only, but we try. Maybe you could use your mangled bill to buy supplies to make an earthworm cake with caterpillar frosting. :)

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Or at least buy some Red-Hot Marshmallow Squirters!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home