talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I love my teacher-- she's my Mom.

This morning, Fiona and Nora went to play with Helena, Ada, and Paul while I facilitated a library program. After we got back home and our whole family had lunch, Nora went up for her afternoon siesta and Fiona and I enjoyed Big Girl Time.

Today we decided that besides a bit of cleanup that goes best while Nora's sweetly sleeping, we'd also have some fun with markers, scissors, and glue. Definitely Big Girl Stuff. (I still haven't posted a photo of Nora with marker all over her lately, have I)?

Sure, Fiona's barely kindergarten-aged now, but it's amazing to me just how easily and joyfully we can access the scope and sequence of kindergarten standards at home just by being ourselves! Reading, cooking, pretending, games, art and dance are all daily experiences here. And really, aren't we all learning all the time?

1 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a homeschooler, I'd just like to say, "That's what I'm talkin' about!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home