talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Heads did roll



We're celebrating Nora's birthday with Grandma, Toot Toot, Uncle Eric, Aunt Carrie, James and Luke today. This morning I cut up a chocolate cake to shape it into a dinosaur for the birthday fete. Growing up, the remainders from this activity were a special-occasion breakfast treat, so cake shards were the snack of the hour-- at least until more people got up and I made a real breakfast.

I got the girls settled into their cake bits and was just getting powdered sugar dumped into the Kitchen-Aid for frosting when I turned to speak to the girls. Nora's cake had, mysteriously, grown in size. Also, the head was missing from her dinosaur.

"Aargh," I yelped in surprise, "that's your head!" Covered in cake, Nora beamed and pointed to her own noggin.

3 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger Edith said...

Oh NOES! Did you find an inconspicuous place to carve out a new head, or did the poor beast have to go headless?

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Jen said...

We just filled it in with frosting, and Nora got to "finish the job" later that day. LOL!

Also, before icing it I showed her my array of food colorings and she chose a shockingly bright red for the dinosaur hue. It looked outrageous no matter how you slice it!

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I have to say the girl is very, very smart. Way to go, Nora!

J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home