talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Friday, January 18, 2008

They're on to our tricks

I was trying to get the girls hustled into clothes so I could perhaps get a load of laundry cleaned AND put away before guests arrive later today. But our playdate friends will come during Nora's nap, so I wasn't ready to mention them quite yet. Instead, I thought I'd focus on the arrival of Grandma and Toot Toot this evening.

Reminded of their imminent arrival, Fiona hurtled into high gear. She began dashing around the hallway in her pajamas, punctuating her excitement with leaps and squeals of exuberance. "Today is the day Grandma and Toot Toot are coming! Why did you tell us so SOON!"

It is true that Ian and I would usually reserve this type of crazy-making information until shortly before the giddy event. Not only does the day tend to go more normally and smoothly, it alleviates hurt feelings if the plan unexpectedly changes. Uh-oh. They're on to us.

1 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could not possibly love that picture of Fiona more! It's hilarious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home