talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Reading Rainbow festivities



Big girl Fiona sat in the front row at the art museum with fellow winners while her family and a small auditorium of well-wishers cheered the efforts of kids from our corner of the state and also part of the neighboring one. She loved seeing her story on the wall, and we truly enjoyed reading the work of others as well. It was impressive to be in a place where so many agencies work together to inspire kids to write stories.

Following the celebration, we headed over to the Birth to Baby Fair happening at the library to cheer the hard work of doulas, midwives, CSA providers, breastfeeding advocates, the arts community, the new local diaper service, and a host of other people and services which help our city enjoy healthy babies and healthy families. We saw lots of good friends, including Sara, David, and B above. To top it off, we stepped inside one of our favorite storefronts to thank them for such stunning window displays.

2 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger Jessie V. said...

Fiona,
Congratulations again! I read your story and it was great! I love you!

Nora,
I hope you are still enjoying your new hat. I love you!

I hope I get to see you both over the summer!

Ian and Jen,
You guys rock! I felt like I was leaving you out in just saying hello to the girls. I love reading about the girls experiences through your eyes. It's a high part of my day when Talk About It More is updated!

Zelda and Ivy,
Meow...

~jessie

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Jen said...

:D Jessie! We can't wait for you to be back again this summer. Let us know when you're free.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home