talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Another decoding feat

Trying to figure out what Nora is saying sometimes takes some detective work.

This morning, as Fiona went up to the bathroom (4 year olds announce this, so that everyone knows), Nora shouted "Chahtch!" Jen remarked that she had heard this before, but hadn't figured out yet what it means ... but that it often accompanied Fiona going up or coming downstairs.

As Fiona came down again, Nora shouted her word again, accompanied by a hand motion ... clapping? No ... rubbing together. I asked Jen if it could be something to do with washing her hands, because I thought I'd seen that motion before. Jen said maybe ... since sometimes Fiona came down from the bathroom and washed her hands in the kitchen sink.

So I asked Nora: "Do you need to wash your hands?" and she smiled and replied "Chahtch!", accompanied by the hand-washing motion. "Wash?" said I, rubbing my hands together. "Chahtch," she agreed, nodding her head. Then she held out her hand so I could see, and there was a little spot of blue marker on one finger.

1 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Blogger Sr. Dorothy, OSB said...

Wait til you see the picture card I'm bringing. I was in the treasurer's office and noticed a newish small painting done by our bookkeeper... remarking that it looked like our Nora. She said she'd look on the blog and see....and sure enough! So she made me a photo card of the painting-- which she took from Picasso (not from his "both eyes on the same side of the face" period). I'll bring it along for your enjoyment.
love, Gran

 

Post a Comment

<< Home