talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Fiona is too smart for us


At dinner, conversation turned to the onions in our quiche.

Fiona: I don't like onions, but I like them in this quiche.
Jen: I think you do like them, otherwise you wouldn't like the quiche. In fact, the Spanish word for onions is "cebollas". . .
Ian: . . . and one of our favorite restaurants is named Cebolla's!
Jen: I know someone who really doesn't like onions and wouldn't be able to eat them even in quiche.
Fiona: Who doesn't like cebollas?
Ian: Mom's not talking about someone who doesn't like Cebolla's, it's someone who doesn't like onions.
Fiona: Who doesn't like cebollas?
Jen: No, not the restaurant, onions!
Ian (FINALLY getting it): You're saying the Spanish word for onions, aren't you? Not the restaurant.
Fiona: (nods, impish smile on her face).

4 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger Teresa said...

Ha!

I know exactly what she means. A cooked onion is a much different entity than a raw onion.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger library chicken said...

I know what she means. Onions are gross unless I don't know they are there. I love you guys!

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger HomeDaddy said...

You guys are hilarious! Fiona is such a thinker.
PS

 
At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to get up pretty early in the morning to get ahead of our Fiona....love, Granny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home