talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Out of the mouths of toddlers

I didn't want Nora standing on the chair watching while I was cooking at the hot skillet with so many hot things going on the range, so I placed her on the countertop a little bit removed from the most dangerous of the action. That wasn't perfect either, but at least her back was to the sharp knives. I was dumping stuff directly into a hot skillet, so there was no real possibility of her help, but she was enjoying the process.

After one particularly spectacular display of produce shook into the pot, Nora proclaimed, "Mom, you're cwazy!" She smiled and spread her wild eyes and chubby fingers wide.

I looked at her seriously. "Nora," I said, "I really don't think you're in a position to be calling your mother crazy."

Her eyebrows flew up. She nodded her head in complete honesty. "Oh, you're cwazy all wight!" Upon further discussion, it turns out "cwazy" is synonymous for "fun".

1 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet picture, you cwazy woman....8^) Gran

 

Post a Comment

<< Home