talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Nora's first sentence!

Ian had a late lunch hour today, so we were having "appetizers" while we waited for him to arrive. Nora's beloved pieces of extra sharp cheddar were cut into tiny rectangles, and before eating them she was amusing herself (and us) by holding them to her ear like itty bitty cordless phones and bellowing, "Hi! Hi! Hi!" into them. Every once in awhile she'd drop a warm little piece onto her shoulder, and look quizzically down her front for it until I retrieved it from her blind spot.

I had segued to setting the table and filling cups with milk when I heard it. I'm glad Fiona was my witness or I might not have been completely sure I really heard what I thought I did. Nora chriped, "Hi, Toot Toot!" She only said it once, but she was still holding the "phone" to her ear when I looked at her in astonishment. I'm pretty sure she was waiting for him to reply.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home