talk about it more

a virtual baby book

When she was two, Fiona regularly said "Talk about it more!" to express her desire to know more about whatever we were discussing.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Semantics





I just went to check on a teething, overtired, howling Nora mid-nap. She was standing in her crib, stuck in a broken record-type jag of crying. Once we got past that, I understood that she was trying to say, "Cover me up!" (So far 'thank you' is much more reliable than 'please'). I got her settled in again, and even snugged the baby doll next to her in the way Nora prefers.

"There honey," I said. "And there's your baby, too." She immediately began crying again in earnest. Summoning all the toddler drama she could muster, she quibbled, "IT'S A DOOOO-LLLLLY!"

4 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger HomeDaddy said...

It's a terrible thought that WE could be responsible for poor Nora feeling that way. Sorry.
PS

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Ian said...

Well, that's not really possible, so dispense with that thought!

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the fact that your daughter was crying, but you decided to take a moment and snap a few photographs of her. Those will come in handy when she brings home her first boyfriend. :)

Janet

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Well, I knew she was crying, and I knew her nap schedule was sort of messed up so there stood a chance I might not get her to go back to sleep at all. I took the camera along thinking that I'd like to have some documentation of the sad times as well as the glad ones-- they're all equally fleeting. (Sniff).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home